The Department of Law and Justice has published the Hindi translation of 13 laws, including the Agricultural Laws, the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Law and the FCRA Amendment Law.
These will be deemed to be the authoritative texts in Hindi under clause (a) of subsection (1) of section 5 of the Official Languages Act, 1963, reads the notification published in E-Gazette today.
Here are the laws included in the February 25, 2021 notification.
(1) Companies (Amendment) Act 2019;
(2) The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act 2019;
(3) The Chit Funds (Amendment) Act 2019;
(4) Prohibition of Electronic Cigarettes (Production, Manufacture, Import, Export, Transportation, Sale, Distribution, Storage and Advertising) Act, 2019; (
5) Ship Recycling Act 2019;
(6) Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Act 2020;
(7) The Mining Laws (Amendment) Act 2020;
(8) The Vivad se Vishwas Direct Tax Law, 2020;
(9) The Agricultural Price Insurance and Services Agreement Law of 2020 on Farmers’ Agreement (Empowerment and Protection);
(10) The Farmers’ Trade and Production (Promotion and Facilitation) Law of 2020;
(11) The Essential Products (Amendment) Act 2020;
(12) Bilateral Netting of Qualified Financial Contracts Act, 2020
(13) Foreign Contributions (Regulation) Law Amendments Act, 2020
the Official Languages Act provide for the languages which may be used for the official purpose of the Union, for the conduct of business in Parliament, for central and state laws and for certain purposes in the High Courts.
In accordance with Article 5 (1), a Hindi translation published under the authority of the President in the Official Gazette as of the appointed day of any central law or ordinance promulgated by the President, or any order, rule, regulation or an order made under the Constitution or any central law. will be considered the authoritative text in Hindi.
Click here to read / download the notification