Meridien Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following arrests between 6 a.m. Wednesday and 6 a.m. Friday.
• Trespassing less than theft – Gregory Rhone, born 1969, 1700 45th Ave., Meridian.
• Petty theft – Chynna Gowdy, born 1995, 4421 Hwy. 19N, meridian.
• Business disturbance – Bradford R. Caldwell, born 1990, homeless. Caldwell is also charged with disorderly conduct.
• Shoplifting – Brian C. Swain, born 1989, 15174 Clear Springs Rd., Biloxi.
• Shoplifting – Thomas J. Boswell Jr., born 1968, 2323 Hwy. 496, meridian.
• Possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle – Jarvis Hampton, born 1996, 2419 32nd Ave., Meridian.
• Willful Trespassing – Robert Hughes, born 2000, 2013 Prince George Dr., Vicksburg.
• Possession of paraphernalia – Kennon L. Carr, born 1977, 3820 Rufus Martin Rd., Meridian.
The Meridian Police Department reported the following incidents from Wednesday to Friday.
• 1800 block of 24th avenue, 7:58 a.m.
• 2200 block from Poplar Springs Dr., 12:52 am
• Meridian Police responded to shots fired at the calls, but when officers arrived at the scene, they only showed evidence to support the calls.
Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department
The Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department reported the following arrests between 6 a.m. Wednesday and 6 a.m. Friday.
• Failure to Appear – Corey Thomas Connell, 31, 8261 Poplar Springs Drive, Meridian.
• Disorderly Conduct / Failure to Obey Law Enforcement Officer – Lauren B. Harrison, 28, 7971 Dabbs Rd., Meridian. Harrison is also accused of resisting his arrest.
• DUI / first offense – Dexter Jerome White, 64, 2904 40th Ave., Meridian.
• Probation / Parole Violation – Jeremy Dewayne Bady, 48, 3521 Hwy. 11/80, Toomsuba.
• Default of payment – Randal Ramon Bailey, 37, 1443 43rd St., Meridian.
• Possession of Methythendioxy (ecstasy) – Diallo Devonta Bell, 25, 3655 Knox Rd., Toomsuba. Bell is also charged with seat belt violation, no liability insurance, no driver’s license, possession of marijuana / first offense, probation / parole violation, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute / two counts. .
• DUI / first offense – David Levert Smith, 31, 421 Willow Ridge Dr., Meridian. Smith is also charged with possession of controlled substances, failure to appear, violation of seat belt, lack of liability insurance, lack of driver’s license.
The Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department reported the following incidents Wednesday through Friday.
Accident no injuries
• Industrial Drive, Meridian.
• Rue Joseph, meridian.
• Okatibbee Dam Road, Collinsville.
Burglary already busy
• Hillview Drive.
DUI / first offense
• Old Marion Rd.-19th St.
Possession of a controlled substance
• 16th St.-11th Ave.
• Mitchum Bottom Rd.-Baggett Rd.
The fire runs
The Meridian Fire Department reported the following calls Wednesday through Friday.
• Electric arc, electrical equipment short-circuited, 2599 24th.
• Brush fire or mixture of brush and grass, 1607 Maple.
• Sent and canceled when leaving the station, 4728 Hwy. 39.
• Medical assistance, EMS crew assistance, 2427 4th; 2710 Saint-André; 3312 55th.
• Motor vehicle accident with injuries, 1399 23rd; 1799 BC
• Motor vehicle accident with no injuries, 1701 Hwy. 45 bypass.
• Not reported, 2599 10th; 301 63rd; 914 47th.
• The alarm system rang due to a malfunction, 2120 10th.
• Medical assistance, EMS crew assistance, 5700 North Hills; 619 Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial.
• No incidents noted on arrival at the shipping address, 2342 Crabapple.
• Not reported, 1102 39th; 2428 Old Marion; 3715 Valley; 917 42nd.
Metro Ambulance reported 41 emergency runs on Friday at 2 p.m.